WORKSHOP “ISRAEL TECHNOLOGY ON RURAL WATER AND SANITATION IN THE CONTEXT OF CLIMATE CHANGE”
Water is an important natural resource for nations. In the context that the world is facing many challenges of climate change making water resources exhausted, addressing the challenges of water shortage becomes more necessary than ever.
On May 9, 2022, the Economic and Trade Office, Israeli Embassy in Vietnam cooperated with the Center for Rural Clean Water and Sanitation, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam and Unicef. in Vietnam organized the seminar "ISRAEL TECHNOLOGY ON WATER AND RURAL SANITATION IN THE CONCERN OF CLIMATE CHANGE".
Attending the seminar were Mr. Nguyen Thanh Luan - Deputy Director of the Center for Rural Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam; Mr. Maharajan Muthu - Program Manager for Child Survival and Development and the Environment, UNICEF Viet Nam, and Mr. Shai Moshe, Director General - Asia Pacific Department - Department of Foreign Trade - Ministry of Economy and Industry Israeli Industry, Israel Trade Counselor in Vietnam - Mr. Gal Saf and representatives of international organizations such as Save Children, East Meets West..., representatives of Water Research Institutes and 12 Irrigation Sub-Departments of the localities: Soc Trang, Quang Nam, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, Son La, Ben Tre, Vinh Long....
Representatives of six Israeli companies including Hilico, Ayala, Odis, Fluence, WFI and Watergen introduced technological solutions for rainwater collection, desalination, water treatment based on natural biological methods, and production. water from the air…
1. Ayala: Environmentally friendly water treatment technology. solve the problem of wastewater for urban areas, factories or residential areas.
2. Hilico: Simple rainwater collection solution for arid and remote areas
3. Odis: Solutions for desalination of seawater / brackish water or wastewater treatment according to different models
4. WFI: Circulating and saltwater treatment technology
5. Watergen: Technology to create water from the air for remote dry areas, without access to water sources
6. Fluence: Recirculating and saltwater treatment technology
Known as a country with limited natural resources since its founding, Israel has relied on Israeli Government policies, regulations and support combined with private sector technology to become a leading nation. in the field of water management and reuse.